Thursday, May 12, 2011

MS Walk

I know it has been a while since my last post.  For the past 2 months I have been busy raising funds for the Reno/Sparks MS Walk which is now 2 days away.  My team, the MS Warriors has raised over $2700 which is the most we have raised so far.  I formed this team 3 years ago and this year has been my best year.  We have more people walking, we have raised more money and I have had more fun than ever this year.  When you are a part of something so important and you get to witness everyone's love and support for your cause, it does something amazing to your heart.

My symptoms have been ok.  I believe I'm getting stronger.  The weather in Reno is utterly confusing but I eventually want to start walking more.  I'm not much of an outside person so we will see what happens.  Pray for me.  I really need to start some form of exercise.  I love pilates and it's a good way to strengthen my core muscles so that is what I will do.  I tell myslef that almost every day.  And I actually have the time to do it.  Having the energy is another story. 

I have been asked to speak at the walk.  Our team is the top fundraising team this year.  We have always been a part of the top 3 teams but this year we are number one baby.   I said yes of course.  I am honored but I am also nervous.  As much as I love to talk, it's a different story when I have the undivided attention of a crowd of people.  I will rely on my sense of humor.  I'm supposed to talk for 5 minutes.  Isn't that kind of long?  Well, my husband plans to record my little speech and I promise to post it in a few days.

In the meantime, I gotta finsih getting ready for work.  Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment