Saturday, October 1, 2011

Advocating for MS


I am finally on my way to becoming an MS advocate.  Biogen Idec, the company that developed Tysabri, my current MS therapy, has recruited me as a speaker.  This is very exciting for me.  If you follow my blog then you know that I have been trying to become an advocate for people with Multiple Sclerosis.  I will be expected to talk about how MS affects me and why I chose Tysabri for my MS therapy.  As I mentioned before, I am supposed to speak at an upcoming dinner in October here in Reno.  I also received an invitation to a conference in Boston for MS advocates.  Boston?  That's cool but it will be in December so you know it's going to be extremely cold.  I plan to go and I'm really looking foward to learning how to be a great speaker.  

My mission is to motivate and encourage people to stand strong and take control of their health, no matter what your condition is.  Doctors don't know everything and it's very important for you to do your own research.  Write down any issues, concerns or symptoms that you have before each doctor appointment.  

I also want to be involved in government relations.  Advocating for positive changes, better healthcare and research policies. Caregivers also need more resources and tools to care for their loved ones with MS.

I want my MS diagnosis to count and make a difference in the lives of everyone with MS by learning as much as I can and sharing it with everyone however I can. 

Please ask me anything that you want to know about me and or MS.   You can either comment here or e-mail me at chocklitgirl@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment