Sunday, October 21, 2012

Going Back to Boston!!

Hello Everyone,

I'm heading back to Boston, MA for the annual MS Advocate Conference.  This is my second year and it will be November 1st through the 3rd.  My Mom will be traveling with me this year instead of my husband.  I'm so excited that she will be able to experience all the amazing blessings at this conference.  We are staying at the InterContinental Hotel:

  A CONTEMPORARY LANDMARK ON BOSTON HARBOR   Standing on the very spot where a late-night tea party ignited the American Revolution, InterContinental Boston puts you at the heart of history in ultra-modern style. Adjacent to the Financial District, our gleaming glass towers are a short walk from Faneuil Hall, Back Bay, Chinatown, Beacon Hill and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.

The Museum of African American History is 4 minutes away.  This was formerly the African Meeting House constructed almost entirely by black labor in 1806.  It not only hosted celebrations but political and anti-slavery meetings as well.  I will not have time to do much site seeing so my mail goal is to visit this U.S. National  Historic Landmark while in Boston if at all possible.
African Meeting House
Hopefully we can make time to visit the Faneuil Hall Marketplace, another amazing attraction in Boston.  This attraction is closer to the hotel and appears to be between the hotel and African Meeting House.  This will be the perfect place for shopping and dining.  It boasts:  Eat, drink, and be captivated at 14 restaurants and pubs including Cheers, McCormick & Schmick's, Ned Devine's Irish Pub and Todd English’s Kingfish Hall. Dine beneath beautiful glass canopies or at one of our many outdoor cafes. In addition, you'll find over 36 international food vendors inside of the Quincy Market Colonnade, the largest food hall in New England.

In addition to:  Faneuil Hall Marketplace is Boston shopping at its best with more than 100 of the finest shops and specialty pushcarts. Locally-owned treasures, nationally recognized retailers, and the Bullmarket...the world's first "fleet" of wholly unique pushcarts featuring New England artisans and their fabulous wares.


There is so much to do at Faneuil Hall, including visiting Cheers:

Visit the authentic replica of the Cheers set in historic Faneuil Hall Marketplace! This accurate duplication of the famous Hollywood set features a central island bar, Tiffany lamps, overhead TV lights, and a catwalk. In addition to traditional pub fare and an abundant beverage selection, this location showcases some of the original costumes worn by the Cheers cast. The Cheers store offers officially licensed Cheers merchandise.



We will have to be careful and avoid trying to do too much in such a short period of time.  It's probably very easy to become overwhelmed.  That's a lot of walking and I can see it totally depleting my energy levels.  But it would be so worth it.

Last year I never left the hotel but my husband walked to a nearby convenience store while I was in meetings.  These conferences keep you pretty busy.  I'm looking forward to this trip and I hope to take some good pics to share when I return.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Starla,

    Sounds wonderful my friend! I will be praying for you over your visit. I hope you have a precious time with your mom. I wish I could hear you speak as I know God will use you abundantly.

    Bless you x

    ReplyDelete