Sunday, April 14, 2013

Walk MS 2013



It's that time of year again, Walk MS 2013.  This year is going to be the best ever.  For the 5th year in a row my team the MS Warrior's is raising funds for MS research and for hope for a cure.  The walk is hosted by the National MS Society and our team was among the top fundraisers last year.  We are so pleased to do what we can for those affected by MS.  My husband, daughter Daesia and I have gathered donations for our upcoming raffle.  So far we were able to secure gift cards from Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Blockbuster, Lucky Star Nails, Road Rider of Reno, Mimi's Cafe and more.  It was a very successful day and it makes a big difference in our fundraising efforts.  It gives us the motivation and encouragement that we need to keep going.

My co-captain Laura and I have raised $2720 in cash donations for our team so far.  We are having a bake sale on 4/26th and we will be selling raffle tickets for the prizes that we have collected from local businesses.  There are so many people that actually care about our cause and it means so much to us.

This year I will be interviewed on the local NBC news to promote the MS Walk and our team, the MS Warrior's.  I'm really excited.  There will be 2 interviews at the station on the following days:

Tuesday 4/16 at 4 p.m. 
Thursday 4/25 at 11:00 a.m. 

 I will try to post a video if I can.  Stay tuned.........

No comments:

Post a Comment