Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's All Good

Well, the MS Warrior's just wrapped up another successful year of raising funds to help fight MS.  This is our 5th year and we raised $6198.  I would like to say a special thank you to all those who have helped with all our fundraising efforts and those who walked with us on 5/3/13.  Every year gets better and better.  I never imagined making over $5000 in a matter of months and we have exceeded that.

On a personal note, I have been doing fairly well.  I want people to understand that when a person with MS says I am doing good, that simply means, today is a good day.  Sometimes it would take longer than a few seconds to tell you how we really feel.  There are daily, unpredictable struggles that are very challenging.  But those of us with MS have made a decision to say, I am good despite this life changing, debilitating and progressive illness.  The story of my life is, I'm so tired.  I don't have the energy to explain that MS fatigue is unpredictable and difficult to manage, no matter how much sleep I get the night before.  The fatigue comes with the disease and I have found creative ways to manage it.  But when it gets the best of me, I have to listen to my body, even though I have made plans to do something with my daughters or to work for 8 hours every day.  Please believe that I pay a price when I deplete my energy levels before I have carried out all my plans for the day.

But not to worry.  For I personally have been blessed beyond measure.  I know that MS is not the worst thing that can happen to me and for that reason, I am very grateful and honored to bear the cross that has been placed in my path.  God has shown me in more ways than one that I really can do ALL things through Christ, who gives me strength every single day.  I know that I am not alone when it comes to having a life
changing illness.  I trust God and I realize that He knows the plans that He has for me.

So whether you have MS, cancer, diabetes, chronic pain, depression or anything else, I want to encourage you to be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.  Don't have too much pride to say, I am weak.  For when you are weak, He is strong.  He will provide you with the strength that you need to face any challenges that might come your way.  So trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  Acknowledge Him in all your ways, and He will direct your path.

Every day is a challenge, but I have an amazing husband, daughters and family that love and support me and will do everything they can to make things go smoothly for me.  And sometimes I am able to pay it forward which really means a lot to me.  Praying for others and doing what I can to alleviate someone else's burden is very therapeutic.  So from the bottom of my heart, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment