Friday, December 31, 2010

New Symptoms

My MS symptoms are somewhat mild.  My number one symptom is fatigue and the majority of people with MS will tell you the same.  This is not just your normal fatigue brought on by not getting enough sleep or after working a long hard day.  This fatigue is called lassitude or MS fatigue. I also experience numbness in my right foot near my toes and body aches from head to toe.  Mentally I have brain fog which is exactly how it sounds.  I have a lot of lesions in my brain and it affects my memory, cognitive skills such as writing and my mood.

Lately I have been noticing sharp pains in my neck and spine.  It feels like my nerves are backfiring and it hurts like hedoubleL.  Thankfully the pain doesn't last very long and it's sporadic.

I know and feel that I am truly blessed.  I have access to treatments that weren't availble 15 years ago.  I used to tell my family and friends that if I had to choose between MS and other diseases such as cancer or lupus or sickle cell anemia, then MS would be my choice.  God knows what He is doing and He has me in His hands.  As long as I stay close to God, I will always be ok.  He gives me strength that causes some people to wonder about me?  People used to say, "I don't know how you do it", and I tell them that it's the God in me.  Apart from Him then MS would probably have me feeling sorry for myself.  But there are too many blessings in my life to focus on this disease and let it have me down all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment