Saturday, January 22, 2011

Word Fishing

I learned a new term used a lot in the MS world.  It's nice to see that we have a name for the times when we draw a complete blank on simple words.  I talk a lot so for me it seems like every 3 words get hung up in my head and I'm trying to figure out what to say or at least use a synonym.  I am not very good at explaining things.  God has taught me so much about myself since my MS diagnosis.  He taught me how to slow down a bit and not to bite off more than I can chew or put too much on my plate.  Anyways, I haven't been able to master the "tongue".  It's a constant battle for me.  I have gotten better though since my attention span is so short.  I thought I was just an amazing multi-tasker.  I start one task in the kitchen, walk into a room and see something else that needs my immediate attention.  Then the phone rings and it's my mom.  She uses me to talk to her on the phone because she gets her house cleaned without even realizing it.  Then she hangs up on me.  Then I go back to the kitchen and I have now forgot what I was doing. If multi-tasking means starting all these little tasks and not accomplishing anything then clearly I am an amazing multi-tasker.  So far today I started getting ready for work, then I decided to make some coffee, now I am editing this blog while I wait for my coffee to brew.  Truth be told, I do this every single morning and I end up forgetting to wake up my daughters to get ready for school.  On that note, I gotta go.  I have 2 minutes before I have to wake them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment