Saturday, October 5, 2013

Guess What Time It Is.....

If you follow my blog then you know that I am a patient advocate and I have traveled to conferences in Boston, MA for the past 2 years.  It's time to head to another conference for the third year.

At the conference, we receive updates on important things like new treatment developments, government affairs, support for care partners, and healthy living.  I look forward to this every year.  It helps me build confidence when I speak to groups of people about my MS story and how people with MS can take charge of their condition and have a good quality of life.  I connect with other advocates and share tips on how to make a difference in the MS community.

MS awareness has come a long way, but there is still a long way to go.  In light of a cure, researchers are also trying to find ways to repair myelin damage.  At the conference, we learn everything there is to know about our condition and how to treat it.  We really are experts and we take pride in helping to educate our family and friends and other MS patients and the communities that we live in.

Here is my blog post about the first time my husband and I went to the advocate conference in 2011.
http://didimentionmyms.blogspot.com/2011/12/back-from.html

Here is my blog post about the advocate conference in 2012.
http://didimentionmyms.blogspot.com/2012/12/back-from-boston.html


No comments:

Post a Comment