Thursday, October 3, 2013

Working Around MS.........Update

This is an update to my post Working Around MS

Good news.  The company has agreed to allow me to continue the accommodation being allowed for me.  For 2 weeks, I was very stressed and upset because I didn't understand what was going on.  I felt like I was being attacked due to people's lack of understanding, knowledge and education about my condition.  You see, it's not easy to tell that I struggle with MS daily.  Someone asked me why I don't just go out on disability.  Really?  So I asked them, why don't you just go out on disability?  They looked at me kinda strange and said, "What do you mean?"  And I said, "Exactly"!

I can understand how it might seem unfair from the outside looking in.  You don't know, what you don't know so you assume what you want to assume.  I am guilty about making wrong assumptions about a situation when I don't have all the details.  This has taught me a valuable lesson about assuming and how it can hurt others.  I vow to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and not judge or make assumptions about people or situations that are frankly none of my concern.  Honestly at this point in my life I don't have time to be concerned about what others are doing unless it directly affects me.

No comments:

Post a Comment