Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Health Update

I wanted to let everyone know what I've been up to and how I am doing.  My treatment and other medications make having MS as comfortable as possible.  My walking and balance are good these days.  My toes on my right foot are always slightly numb.  If I do too much or get too stressed, the numbness in my toes increases and it feels like I have a giant rubber band wrapped around my toes.  As soon as I get rest or calm down, it lets up.  I also get random stabbing pain all over my body.  Not all at once, sometimes it's in my back, or my face or my head but it never lasts for more than a few seconds.  It doesn't happen every day and when it does, it may only be one isolated incident and other times it's intermittent over 30 to 45 minutes.  Fatigue continues to be my number one complaint.  After a good night of sleep, I am drained within 4 hours to 6 hours of waking up but by late afternoon or early evening I begin to feel revived again.  Some days are better than others.

Mentally I am very forgetful but I think I am better in that area these days.  I mostly struggle with words or short term memory.  For example, my oldest daughter has a role in an upcoming play and I keep asking her when it is.  I know that it's in March but I can't tell you exactly what day without asking her for the hundredth time.  When it comes to word fishing, I have gotten much better at recalling the word I am looking for a lot sooner.  Otherwise I am sharper than a tack.  After a while, once I get it locked in, I got it.

I am preparing and fundraising for the MS Walk coming up in May.  So far I have raised $200.  If you are interested in making a donation, please click on this link:  donation
 then click on "Donate to Starla".

Thank you to those who have donated to me and the MS Society.  Your donation means so much to me and other MS patients.  Treatments for MS has come a very long way because of your generous support.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the treatments are working and you are relatively comfortable. I'll be praying for you that it eases up. Good luck on the walk. You are doing a great thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayers Kelly. That means more to me than anything because as we know, prayer changes things so thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete